Annual Parish Meeting
VACANCY IN OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR - The parish council is pleased to announce that a new councillor has been co-opted - Paul Firman who lives in Hadleigh Road.
The Council has now resolved to hold its meetings on a Tuesday evening at the Village Hall. The Council meets usually on a six weekly cycle. As the Parish Council is a statutory consultee all planning applications that are made in the Village are sent to us by Babergh District Council for comment. The District and County Councillors present reports and attend most meetings. There is always time set aside for comments by the public and residents are also encouraged to bring matters to the attention of the Clerk in writing at least 10 days before the date of the meeting to enable the matter to be placed on the agenda.
The Council is always in dialogue with the Village Hall regarding funding for maintenance, and updating, as well as the long term future of the building
Code of Conduct
In July 2007 Members of the Council elected in May 2007 signed up to the Local Government Code of Practice. Standing Orders, which regulate the way Council Business is conducted were adopted by the 2003-2004 Council.
The new development has been completed (March 2015) and named Church View. All accommodation has been allocated according to the conditions of the 106 Agreement.
Elmsett Parish Council, like many others was established following the 1894 Local Government Act. The population of Elmsett means that the council can have up to 7 Parish Councillors. At the last election in 2015 all vacancies were filled.
Since the1890s the Council has seen many changes and developments in the Parish, including the replacement of the Reading Room as a venue for village functions by the building of a large Village Hall and the creation of an adjacent recreation meadow (for more information please refer to The Book of Elmsett)